Edit Annotation - Edit the attributes of an annotation feature
In this dialog you can edit the attributes of an annotation (text, angle, size and font/style). The dialog is opened by double-clicking on an annotation with the Pointer Tool or when you click on an annotation with the right mouse button and choose the function Edit Annotation. In both cases the corresponding AutoCAD annotation theme must be active (i.e. selected) in the table of contents. The name of this theme is displayed in the title of the dialog.
- Text: Here you can edit the label text.
- Angle: Enter the rotation angle of the text (degrees between 0 and 360°, 0° for normal, 90° for vertical adjustment, 180° to put the text upside down etc.).
- Size: Enter the font size in points (depending on the Reference Scale).
- Reference Scale: The font Size depends on the reference scale (e.g.: at the scale 1:10.000 the font size is 12.5 points - at 1:1.000 it is 125 points). If you activate the checkbox you can define this scale (the value entered last will be kept until you finish your ArcView session). If the checkbox is deactivated the font size refers to the current scale of the view. If the Map Units of the view aren't defined though, the scale and the font size can't be calculated and modified properly.
- Alignement: Here you can choose the alignement of the text (nine different positions as in Theme - Properties: top left, top center, top right, center left, center center, center right, bottom left, bottom center, bottom right). The alignement is not a permanent attribute of the annotation but determines how its position is adjusted when the text is modifed. The currently selected alignement is kept when the dialog is opened again.
- Color Font/Style: Here you can select one of the predefined text styles of the annotation theme (according to the classes of its legend). The left column shows the number of the text style (Color field in the attribute table), the other column the font family in the correspondig color and font style.
Note: New text styles are automatically created (consecutively numbered) when you modify annotations and thereby new combinations of font family, style and color arise (see Annotations Modify).
- Size: Click on this button in order to adjust the font size to the chosen text style (the most frequent font size is evaluated among the annotations with this style and entered in the Size field of the dialog).
- Click on the button to apply the changes.
Warning: Once you clicked on the modifications are applied to the annotation directly in the AutoCad DXF file - there is no way to restore the previous state of this annotation! You must create a backup of your annotation theme before if you want to undo the modifications!
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG