Graphics Export - Export graphics to a shapefile incl. a legend (convert graphic to shape)
With this function you can export graphics of the view into a shapefile. Colors and symbols are stored in a legend file of the same name, so all exported shapes are totally identical with the original graphics (comparable functions of other extensions are called Convert Graphics to Shape but don't keep colors and symbols). This enables you to use themes instead of graphic elements with all advantages: they can be used in several projects at the same time, changes will take effect in all projects and the priority can be changed easily by moving the themes in the table of contents. Graphic labels can't be exported into a shapefile (to export graphic labels into an AutoCad annotation theme use the function Annotations Export).
- Type: Select the graphics that should be exported (Point, Line or Polygon). You can store only the graphics of one type in a shapefile. If you chose Point and there are only single points, a SinglePoint shapefile will be created - if there is a multipoint graphic, a MultiPoint shapefile will be created.
- Graphics: Selected uses only the selected, All uses all graphics. The number of the selected and of all available graphics is displayed behind these two options. If no graphics are chosen, you can't run the function (the button isn't active).
- Filename: You can define path and name of the shapefile. Click on the corresponding button to open the usual ArcView dialog for defining an output file.
- Remove exported Graphics from the View: Deletes the graphics from the view after exporting them.
- Click on the button to run the function. The created shapefile will automatically be added to the view as a theme.
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG