Graphics Save - Save graphics in an ODB file (ArcView ObjectDataBase)
With this function graphic elements of the view respectively of the layout can be stored in an ODB text file (Object Data Base) in order to create a backup or to re-use them in other projects.
- Type: Select which graphics should be stored (Point, Line, Polygon or Text). You can store several different types in an ODB file.
- Graphics: Selected uses only the selected, All uses all graphics. The number of the selected and of all available graphics is displayed behind these two options. If no graphics are chosen, you can't run the function (the button isn't active).
- Filename: You can define path and name of the ODB file. Click on the corresponding button to open the usual ArcView dialog for defining an output file.
- Remove exported Graphics from the View: Deletes the selected graphics from the view or the layout after storing them.
- Click on the button to run the function. When finished, the status bar shows the number of saved graphics.
Hint: For loading the symbols of the graphics in the right size again (font size, point size or line width), the current scale of the view must be stored in the ODB file too. If the Map Units of the view are not defined, the scale is undefined too - the symbol size may then vary when loading the graphics (see also Graphics Load). Before storing graphics in an ODB file, make sure that the map units of the view are defined properly!
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG