Legend Export - Export legend to table or text file
Legend Export enables you to export the legends of all active themes to dBASE- or INFO-Tables or text files for further use in a data base or word processor.
- Single classification (e.g. "10" or "XYZ") will be stored in the field Value (number field or text field with optimized width).
- For interval classifications (e.g. "10 - 20" or "X - Z") the minimum value is stored in the field Min and the maximum value in the field Max (number field or text field with optimized width).
- Multiple classifications (e.g. "10, 11, 12" or "1-5, 11-15") can either be stored in the field Range as a text value or be divided into several records that are treated like single classifications respectively interval classifications (see option Explode below).
- The labels are always stored in the field Label.
- The number of values (so called Class Counts) are always stored in the field Count if the legend supports their calculation.
- The colors of the legend may be stored in different fields.
- The symbols of the legend will not be stored.
The following input is necessary:
Add Color Field:
- The themes which legends shall be exported must be active.
- Export Type: Type of table has to be created (dBase, Info or Text).
- Add to Project:
: Only the table of text file is created on the drive.
- Yes: The created table is added as a document to the project.
- Open: The table is added to the project and opened.
Explode interval and disjoint classifications to single records: Multiple classifications are divided into several records and then treated like single classifications respectively interval classifications (see above). Otherwise they will be saved as text values in the field Range.
Filename: If there is only one theme active, a file dialog opens and path and name of the table can be defined. Otherwise the tables will be stored in the same directory and with the same name as the data source with "_" placed in front (e.g. . C:\GIS\_theme1.dbf for legends of the shapefile C:\GIS\theme1.shp).
Replace existing table <name>?: If a file is existing yet, the user is asked to overwrite it. If you click on it will be overwritten, If you click on it will be kept. By clicking on all existing files will be overwritten without further verification.
Click on the button to run the command. When finished, the status bar shows how many legends were exported successfully, how many files were overwritten and how many files could not be overwritten (write protection or hard disc full etc.).
- None: No field for the colors of the classes will be created.
- RGB: Three fields named ColR, ColG and ColB with the red/green/blue-values of the foreground color are created.
- RGB, HSV and Text: Beneath the fields ColR/G/B three fields named ColH, ColS and ColV with the values of the HSV color model (hue, saturation and value) and a text field named ColTxt with a description of hue, saturation and value is created (e.g. "medium deep Red"). The brightness is described in the graduation black, very dark, dark, medium, light, very light and brilliant, the saturation as gray-, very pale, pale, moderate, intense and deep, the colors as Red, Orange-Red, Orange, Yellow, Yellow-Green, Green, Blue-Green, Cyan, Cyan-Blue, Sky-Blue, Blue, Violet-Blue, Violet, Magenta and Purple-Red. Dark orange is described as Brown and dark yellow as Olive).
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG