Legend Import - Import legend from table
Legend Import enables the import of classifications (without symbols and colors) for the active theme from a table or text file. Such a file can be produced with the Legend Export (see below) or originate from any data base or other source. Each record of the table corresponds to a line (classification) in the legend:
- The theme for which a legend shall be imported must be active
- Select a table to import legend classifications: Before the dialog is opened (see picture above) a source table must be chosen in a file dialog. Possible data types are dBASE-, INFO-tables or text files. By clicking at the corresponding buttons it is possible to choose another table in the dialog later.
- Table has <number> records! Import as legend anyway?: This question appears only with a table with more than 200 records, because it may not to be a legend. If you click on it will be imported, if you click on the import will be stopped.
- Theme Classification Field: If the active theme doesn't have a classification field (legend type Single Symbol) you have to choose one. It should contain the values the theme shall be classified with.
- Legend Value Field: If the table contains neither a field named Range nor one called Value, a value field must be selected from the table. It's values are used to create the classifications of the legend: Single classification (e.g. one single number) or interval classification (e.g. "10 - 20") and multiple classification (e.g. "10, 11, 12") in a text field.
- Legend Label Field: If the table contains no field named Label, a label field can be chosen from the table. It should contain the names of the classes. If this option is deactivated, the classification text is used as a label.
- Symbols and colors of the legend are assigned by random.
- Click on the button to run the command. When finished, the status bar shows how many classes were created successfully and how many classifications in the value field of the table were invalid and therefore ignored.
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG