Display Sliders - Show/hide display sliders
This function displays and hides Sliders along the right and lower border of the view, that enable you to navigate in your view easily. The thumb of each slider always indicates the horizontal or vertical position of the visible extent corresponding to the extent of the visible themes (not all themes). The sliders stay permanent if the project is stored and opened again. To hide the sliders again, call the function once more.
There are different ways to change the visible extent using the sliders:
- Click with the mouse pointer on the thumb of a slider, keep the mouse button pressed and drag the thumb to the desired horizontal resp. vertical position.
- Click left or right resp. below or above of the thumb on a slider for short - the extent is moved per 10% in the corresponding direction each time.
- Click at any position on a slider for longer - the extent is moved to the desired position immediately.
- Click on one of the small step buttons beneath each slider - the extent is moved the further in the desired direction, the longer you keep the mouse button pressed.
- Press the Shift key while clicking to enlarge the extent by 50% additionally (zoom in).
- Press the Ctrl key to zoom out by 50% additionally.
- Press Ctrl+Shift to zoom to the full extent of the visible themes.
- Click on the small footprint button in the lower right corner of the view in order to undo the last pan or zoom operation. This has the same effect as the default button Zoom to Previous Extent .
Note: If you change the window size of the view, the position of the sliders will only be updated when the view is updated (e.g. by making other themes active). Therefore just click on any theme in the table of contents and the sliders will be repositioned correctly.
© 2003 WLM Klosterhuber & Partner OEG